Choosing a Good Attitude (7 of 23) by Chuck McAlister
This content is part of a series.Choosing a Good Attitude (7 of 23)
Series: A FAITH THAT WORKS (James)
Dr. Chuck McAlister
(A) SERIES .... A FAITH THAT WORKS!
1- Studying the New Testament Manual on Maturity ...
... .The Book of James .... the 1st Book written in the New Testament.
a- Purpose -- to move us from being moral to being spiritual.
b- Society today .... not even moral.
c- Christians today who are moral .... not even spiritual .... are in such sharp contrast to our society that they think they must be doing alright.
d- But James teaches us that God wants us to move on from morality .... to spiritual maturity.
2- How do you do that? .... By staying faithful through the different situations of life: .... You're Persisting .... You're
-- Passing Life's Tests .... (ch. 1: 2-4)
-- Making Good Decisions .... (ch. 1: 5-8)
-- Handling the Resources & Pressures of Life ...(ch.1:9-12)
-- Winning Over Temptation .... (ch. 1:13-15)
-- Thinking Right about God .... (ch. 1:16-18)
3- When you are faithfully doing that ....
a- And James is not saying you're perfect in it .... you'll make some mistakes .... But you are faithful!
b- You get up and go at it again when you fail ....
c- When you are faithful in it --- Your Character/ Your Attitude will begin to be molded and shaped .... You will think more like Jesus .... you're maturing in The Mind of Christ.
* -- It's one thing to Persist with teeth gritted .... and a bad attitude ....
-- It's another to Persist with a Good Attitude.
* James, being his practical self, said that when spiritual maturity is happening on the inside .... you must also choose to do certain things on the outside .... in your behavior .... so that your attitude will be what it should be.
* Your attitude is determined by the choices you make.
* You're Growing In Your Relationship with Jesus ...... Church Purpose.
* Read vs. 18 .... James points us ...
There are 22228 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!