This content is part of a series.
The One Indispensable Ingredient For Joy (1 of 4)
Series: DISCOVER THE JOY
I believe God's people need to discover the joy of the Christian life. I see a lot of folks who are believers. They believe in the Lord. They believe His word but they are not really walking in joy. They are allowing many things to keep them from enjoying Jesus and the joy that He promised to give us. The Bible says that He came to give us life and life more abundantly.
Now, this passage is a story Jesus told about His second coming just before He went to the cross, during the week of His passion.
Matthew 25:14-19 (NIV) -
(14) Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his property to them.
(15) To one he gave five talents of money, to another two talents, and to another one talent, each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey.
(16) The man who had received the five talents went at once and put his money to work and gained five more.
(17) So also, the one with the two talents gained two more.
(18) But the man who had received the one talent went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
(19) After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them.
You see, some day Jesus is going to come and when He comes, we are going to stand before Him, then He is going to settle our account, not to decide whether we go to heaven or hell, that's decided when we accept Christ, but to settle the account of the way we have used those gifts that He entrusted to us.
(20) The man who had received the five talents brought the other five. 'Master,' he said, 'you entrusted me with five talents. See, I have gained five more.'
(21) His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'
There are 26002 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.