This content is part of a series.
The Divinity of Christ (9 of 14)
Series: CRACKING THE DAVINCI CODE
Deuteronomy 18:15; Hebrews 1:1
November 6, 2005
IV. CHRIST'S MAJOR WORKS AND OFFICES POINT TO HIS DEITY
A. Christ is Prophet
Deuteronomy 18:15 (CSB) - 15 "The LORD your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own brothers. You must listen to him.
Hebrews 1:1-(CSB) - 1 Long ago God spoke to the fathers by the prophets at different times and in different ways. 2 In these last days, He has spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things and through whom He made the universe
1. Christ is the fulfillment of the Old Testament prediction of a Great Prophet
(Deut. 18:15; John 1:21, 45; 6:14; Acts 3:22; 7:37)
2. Jesus was the ultimate prophet who explained God to man
(John 1:28; Heb. 1:1-2; Rev. 1:1; 29:20)
3. Jesus prophesied while on earth (Matthew, chapters 23, 24 and 25)
4. Jesus continues His Prophetic work through the Holy Spirit. (John 6:13)
B. Christ is Priest
Psalm 110:4 (CSB) - 4 The LORD has sworn an oath and will not take it back: "Forever, You are a priest
1. The greater Son of David would be a priest after the eternal priesthood of Melchizedek.
2. As our High Priest, Christ was both the sacrifice and the sacrificer who offered a final
sacrifice that did not need to be repeated (I Cor. 15:3-4; Heb. 1:3; 7:27; 9:12, 28;
3. Related to His work as High Priest is His function as our intercessor at God's right hand.
(Rom. 8:4; Heb. 7:25)
4. As our intercessor, He is also our mediator. (I Tim. 2:5)
5. Christ's intercessory ministry was at ...
There are 3356 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1678 character sample of the full content.