This content is part of a series.
Accepting Responsibility (3 of 7)
Series: Life Choices
Life is filled with choices.
Every choice has a consequence to it.
Browsing in a pet shop, a man sees a beautiful parrot with a red string tied to its left leg and a green string tied to its right leg. He asks the store owner about the strings. "This is a highly trained creature," the owner explains. "If you pull the red string, he speaks French; if you pull the green string, he speaks Spanish." "What happens if I pull both at once?" the curious guy asks. "I fall off my perch, you fool!" screeches the parrot...
Rules for Living
1. If you open it, close it.
2. If you tun it on, tun it off.
3. If you unlock it, lock it up.
4. If you break it, admit it.
5. If you can't fix it, call in someone who can.
6. If you borrow it, return it.
7. If you value it, take care of it.
8. If you make a mess, clean it up.
9. If you move it, put it back.
10. If it belongs to someone else and you want to use it, get permission.
11. If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone.
12. If it's none of your business, don't ask questions.
13. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
14. If it will brighten someone's day, say it.
15. If it will tarnish someone's reputation, keep it to yourself.
Life is filled with choices and we have to take responsibility for the choices that we make.
We are the greatest at putting the blame on somebody or something else for not making the right choices.
- You made me angry!
- It must be the mail!
- I tried to call you but you line was busy!
- He cut me off!
A minister is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the minister's breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car. He says, "Sir, have you been drinking?" "Just water," says the minister. The trooper says, "Then why do I smell wine?" The minister looks at the bottle and says, ...
There are 17914 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.