This content is part of a series.
Blessed Is the Man Whose Strength Is in the Lord (5 of 6)
Series: Blessed is the Man: The Secrets to Real Happiness
1. THE SITUATIONS IN WHICH WE ARE STRENGTHENED
A) The Time of Trials
B) The Time of Tears
2. THE STRENGTH BY WHICH WE ARE STRENGTHENED
A) Divine Strength
B) Daily Strength
3. THE SANCTUARY AT WHICH WE ARE STRENGTHENED
A) His Delight in the House of God
B) His Dwelling in the House of God
1) I once heard about a fellow who was skipped Church on Sunday to go hunting (of course I have never known any Church members that would do such a thing). It began to pour the rain and he slid inside a hollow log to stay dry. When the rain quit he started to slide out but found that the rain had made the log swell and he was stuck. As hard as he tried, he could not get out. He thought to himself, ''No one knows where I am and they will never find me inside this log. I am going to die in this log.'' Then he remembered it was Sunday and he should have been in Church. It made him feel so small he was able to crawl out of the log.
2) I have heard so many excuses through the years why people miss Church that nothing surprises me anymore. Some of them sound like a list I came across of actual notes sent to teachers by parents. All you school teachers will appreciate these:
- Please excuse Lisa for being absent. She was sick and I had her shot.
- Dear School: Please ekscuse John being absent on Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, and also 33.
- Please excuse Roland from P.E. for a few days. Yesterday he fell out of a tree and misplaced his hip.
- John has been absent because he had two teeth taken out of his face.
- Please excuse Ray Friday from school. He has very loose vowels.
- Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrhea and his boots leak.
- Please excuse Jimmy for being. It was his father's fault.
- Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper of ...
There are 15651 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.