This content is part of a series.
Blessed Is the Man who Trusts in God (3 of 6)
Series: Blessed is the Man: The Secrets to Real Happiness
October 23, 2005
1. THE REACTION OF A TRUSTING HEART
A) Unconditional Praise
B) Unceasing Praise
C) Uncontained Praise
2. THE RECOURSE OF A TRUSTING HEART
A) The Lord Hears Him
B) The Lord Helps Him
3. THE REWARD OF A TRUSTING HEART
A) A Complete Life
B) A Contented Life
1) I am sure many of you are familiar with the musical "Okalahoma." A song from the musical goes:
Oh what a beautiful morning,
Oh what a beautiful day,
I've got a wonderful feeling,
Everything's going my way.
2) Its a beautiful little song but what about those times when everything is not going your way? Someone has said that life is like being on a treadmill. We can run all our life but we'll never reach the point where everything's going our way. What do you do when everything seems to working against you rather than going your way?
3) As we shall see today, you trust God. The Psalmist said in Psalm 56:3, "What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee." He said in Psalm 62:8, "Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah." In Psalm 91:2 he said, "I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust."
4) At all times and in all things you can trust God. In fact, as we look at Psalm 34 we find that trusting God is one of the secrets to living a happy life. We read in verse 8, "blessed is the man that trusteth in Him." We have been looking at the phrase, "Blessed is man," and are noticing the secrets to real happiness. As we have seen, the word "blessed" is a word that speaks of intense happiness.
5) We looked first at Psalm 32:2 where the Bible says, "Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity." We saw that the person whose sin is forgiven is a happy person. Then we looked at Psalm 1:1 and the words, "Blessed is the man ...
There are 17024 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.