This content is part of a series.
Blessed Is the Man Who Lives by the Book (2 of 6)
Series: Blessed is the Man: The Secrets to Real Happiness
1) A GUARDED LIFE
A) A Progressive Decline That Is Illustrated
B) A Perpetual Defense That Is Indicated
2) A GUIDED LIFE
A) His Pleasure in the Word
B) His Pondering over the Word
3) A GLADDENED LIFE
A) A Planted Tree
B) A Prosperous Tree
1) Last week we began to look at a phrase that is found on several occasions in the Bible. It is the phrase ''Blessed is the man.'' In this phrase we find the secrets to real happiness. The word ''Blessed'' speaks of a tremendous and intense happiness. The order of the Hebrew language in the sentence emphasizes the happiness. You could translate the words, ''O, how exceedingly happy is the man.''
2) Someone has given us the following ten rules for living happier.
- Give something away (no strings attached).
- Do a kindness (and forget it).
- Spend a few minutes with the aged (their experience is a priceless guidance).
- Look intently into the face of a baby (and marvel).
- Laugh often (its life's lubricant).
- Give thanks (a thousand times a day is not enough).
- Pray (or you will lose the way).
- Work (with vim and vigor).
- Plan as though you'll live forever (because you will).
- Live as though you'll die tomorrow (because you will on some tomorrow).
3) I think those are good rules and if applied would make your life happier. However, the best rules to follow are God's rules. If you really want to be happy, God tells you how to be happy. He has given us the secret to real happiness in His Word. When you find the phrase, ''Blessed is the man,'' we find a person who has found real happiness in their life.
4) Last week we saw that the really happy person is one whose sins have been forgiven. Today, I want you to see that a happy person is one who lives by the Book. By the Book I mean the Bible. As we look at the blessed man of Psalm 1 we see that the Bible ...
There are 19146 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.