This content is part of a series.
Blessed Is the Man Whose Sin Is Forgiven (1 of 6)
Series: Blessed Is the Man - The Secrets to Real Happiness
1. SIN THAT WAS COVERED
A) He Defined the Committing of His Sin
B) He Described the Consequences of His Sin
2. SIN THAT WAS CONFESSED
A) How Humble He Was Before God
B) How Honest He Was With God
3. SIN THAT WAS CLEANSED
A) Sin That Was Carried
B) Sin That Was Covered
C) Sin That Was Canceled
1) There is one thing that is true about every person gathered here and that is the desire to be happy. I can't say that I have ever met anyone whose desire was to be unhappy. Now I have met some very unhappy people, but I don't believe being unhappy was the great ambition of their life.
2) One day a little girl asked her mother, ''Mommy, why is some of your hair white?'' The mother replied, ''Well, every time you do something that makes me unhappy a hair turns white.'' The little girl thought about it for a moment and then said, ''Mommy, how come all of grandma's hair is white?''
3) If white hair was an indication of unhappiness there are a lot of people that would be white headed. The desire to be happy is something we all pursue. It is what often drives our every action and deed. Being happy is what is behind much, if not most, of what we do.
4) However, happiness for some seems to be an elusive dream. Psychiatrists Minirth and Meyer in their book ''Happiness is a Choice,'' said that a majority of human beings do not have inner peace and joy. If most people were honest, they would admit that deep down they are not really happy.
5) People try anything and everything to be happy. For many, they would pay anything to be happy. As Amy Lowell wrote:
Happiness: We rarely feel it.
I would buy it, beg it, steal it,
Pay in coins of dripping blood
For this one transcendent good.
6) People would buy it, beg it, and even steal it if possible. Yet, happiness is not something you can buy, beg ...
There are 14834 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.