This content is part of a series.
The Man Who Was Faithful to God! (3 of 3)
Series: A Closer Look at the Life of Enoch
Steve N. Wagers
October 30, 2005
1. The MAN that was FAITHFULLY PRESENTED!
A) His Impressive Biography!
B) His Important Background!
2. The MESSAGE that was FAITHFULLY PREACHED!
A) A Message that Declared Condemnation!
B) A Message that Delivered Conviction!
3. The MINISTRY that was FAITHFULLY PRODUCED!
A) In a Worldly Day!
B) In a Wicked Day!
1. There are more than 200 geysers in Yellowstone National Park. Yet, one has stood out for many, many years. It is not the largest, and its waters do not reach to the greatest height; but, it is by far the park's most popular attraction. Its popularity is due to one thing: its faithfulness.
2. For years, people have stood in lines, over a mile long, in the hot sun, to watch as every 65 minutes it shoots a stream of boiling water more than 170 feet into the air. It is so dependable that people have literally set their watches by it; thus, deservingly giving it the name, Old Faithful!
3. Many will remember the Sunday morning, during the presidency of Ronald Reagan, when the U. S. Marine barracks in Beirut was bombed. Hundreds of Americans were killed, and thousands were seriously wounded. A few days after the attack, Marine Corps Commandant Paul Kelly visited some of the wounded soldiers in a Frankfurt, Germany hospital.
4. Among them was a man by the name of Corporal Jeffrey Lee Nashton. Nashton had so many tubes running in and out of his body, that a witness said he looked "more like a machine than a man." Yet, he survived.
5. As Commandant Kelly neared the wounded soldier, he noticed that the soldier struggled to motion for a piece of paper, and a pen. He wrote a brief note, and passed it back to his commander. The note consisted of two simple, short words: Semper Fi. It is the Latin motto of the Marine Corps which means, "Forever Faithful."
6. There are many thin ...
There are 22275 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.