This content is part of a series.
The Man Who Was Familiar with God (1 of 3)
Series: A Closer Look at the Life of Enoch
Steve N. Wagers
October 9, 2005
1. AN INTERESTING DESIGNATION!
A. Enoch: The Person!
B. Enoch: The Preacher!
2. AN INTRIGUING OCCUPATION!
A. The Passion that Directed His Walk!
B. The Progress that Defined His Walk!
3. AN INSPIRING REPUTATION!
A. The Life that He Lived!
B. The Legacy that He Left!
1. Whenever one thinks of great figures of history, there are many names that come to mind. In the world of entertainment there are the names of Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, and Elvis Presley. In the world of politics there are the names of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, or JFK. In the world of finance there are the names of Howard Hughes, Bill Gates and Donald Trump.
2. In the world of military prowess there are the names of Neville Chamberlain, Winston Churchill, George Patton and Norman Schwarzkopf. In the world of baseball there are the names of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Hank Aaron and Cal Ripken. In the world of football there are the names of Jim Brown, Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. In the world of basketball there are the names of Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain and Michael Jordan.
3. From the great pulpits of the past there are the names of Savanarola, Martin Luther, Jonathan Edwards, John Wesley, C. H. Spurgeon, and George Whitfield. Among contemporaries there are the names of David Jeremiah, Chuck Swindoll, Jerry Vines and Adrian Rogers.
4. In the Bible we find the names of great men as well. From the pages of the Old Testament we find men such as Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Elisha, David, Daniel, Isaiah, Jeremiah and Ezekiel. From the pages of the New Testament we find men such as Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Peter, Paul, Stephen, and of course, the name above all names, Jesus Christ.
5. However, of all of those names, there is one name that is tragically overlooked. ...
There are 20012 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.