What Kind of Shadow Are You Casting?
August 7, 2005
1. A DISTINCT LIFE
A) The Purity that was Reported
B) The Purity that was Respected
2. A DEVOTED LIFE
A) The Faithfulness of God's Promise
B) The Faithfulness of God's People
3. A DYNAMIC LIFE
A) As He Worked
B) As he Walked
1. I recently received by email a quiz that began by asking:
* Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
* Name the last five Heisman Trophy winners.
* Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
* Name ten people who have won a Nobel or Pulitzer prize.
* Name the last half-dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
* Name the last decade's World Series winners.
2. The second part of the quiz asked:
* List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
* Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
* Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
* Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
* Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
* Name half a dozen heroes whose stories have inspired you.
3. The second part of the quiz is much easier and that is the point of the quiz. The people who make a difference in your life are not necessarily the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. The people who touch our lives are the ones that care.
4. I am reminded of the words of an anonymous writer, "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere." It has been said that some people never die because they live in and through us by the way they have touched our lives. They live on through who and what we are.
5. I have always been inspired by the stanza from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's poem, "A Psalm of Life" that says:
Lives of great men all remind us
We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us
Footprints on the ...
There are 26213 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.