This content is part of a series.
A Song for Tomorrow (3 of 4)
Series: Soul Music
1. It occurred to me the other day just how much God loves music. Think about this - the only art of earth that we take to heaven is music. I don't know what all we are going to do in heaven, but if you sing or play an instrument already I know one of the things you are going to be doing. Even if you don't sing and you don't play, you are going to learn very quickly - perhaps to do both. The Bible makes it very plain there is always music in heaven. Of all the arts and crafts that human kind has learned over the last several thousands of years, the only one we are told specifically in the Bible we will take from earth to heaven is music.
2. We are continuing a series of messages that I am calling ''Soul Music.'' Soul Music is just that - it is music that speaks to the heart, music that speaks to the soul and music that speaks to the spirit. I've given you ''A Song For Yesterday'' that deals with your past. I've given you ''A Song For Today'' that helps you face whatever problems may be in your life right now. Today, I want to give you ''A Song For Tomorrow. It is the very first Psalm and the very first song in the Book of Psalms, because you remember the word ''psalm'' means ''song.''
3. This psalm tells us how to approach tomorrow. How to make sure if indeed we do live to see another day, we can ensure that tomorrow can be successful. That word, ''success'' is one of the most used, misused, and mis-abused words that I know. What the world calls success is not necessarily success. Let me give you two kinds of successes that people have.
1. Success that dies with a person
2. Success that outlives a person
4. The first psalm was written to show us the way to true success. True success makes you not only emotionally happy; it makes you eternally happy. The first five words say, ''How blessed is the man.'' Another translation puts it this way, ''How happy is the man.' ...
There are 17950 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.