This content is part of a series.
A New Hope (4 of 4)
Series: The Dark Side
1. Amazingly, George Lucas, who created one of the most famous villains of all time in Darth Vader, could not resist the storyline that even with the Darth Vader there is always ''A New Hope.'' There is always the hope that anyone who has gone over to the dark side, no matter how far or how deep, can once again reemerge to the light side and the right side.
2. Thousands of years ago God told the Prophet Jeremiah of a land that we could call ''The Land of New Hope''. To illustrate that land, He told Jeremiah to go down to a potter's house to see how a potter works with clay.
3. Jeremiah did what he was told and went south of the City of Jerusalem, through the Valley of Hinnom, past the place where the city dumped all of their garbage and burned it, to the headquarters of the pottery industry. Amazingly, the art of pottery has basically remained unchanged for thousands of years. Even today, the finest pottery you can buy is not mass produced - it is handmade.
4. Today, the potter works with clay just about the same way as the ancient potter did thousands of years ago, because clay is simply water and dust mixed together. The potter takes this soft putty-like clay and begins to beat it and shape it and mold it. Then he throws it on what is called a revolving wheel. While that wheel is being turned, he caresses it, holds it, pulls it, and shapes it until finally that soft mass of putty-like material begins to come together and take shape and form to become a beautiful finished work of exquisite pottery.
5. God used this real life simple example in the life of Jeremiah to teach him a lesson on how He deals with us. The potter is going to illustrate to us how God shapes us and molds us until we become a beautiful vessel fit not just for earthly use, but also for eternal use.
6. There are actually three parts to this story: the potter, the clay and the wheel. Li ...
There are 21026 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.