This content is part of a series.
How to Shout When You Want to Pout! (1 of 19)
Series: A Closer Look at the Book: JAMES
Steve N. Wagers
James 1: 1-4
1. We Must Evaluate the Method of Trials!
A. Trials are Unavoidable!
B. Trials are Unpredictable!
C. Trials are Unenjoyable!
2. We Must Contemplate the Meaning of Trials!
A. To Measure our Faith!
B. To Mature our Faith!
3. We Must Appreciate the Ministry of Trials!
A. Our Joyful Anticipation!
B. Our Willful Participation!
* One writer has said, "To look at the world and IT'S physical, and spiritual life, through the eyes of a man of God like James is a breathtaking opportunity. To hear and read what James has to say about the Christian life is an open door into the light of heaven."
* I believe that is an excellent depiction of the book of James. It is a "breathtaking opportunity" and an "open door into the light of heaven." I must confess that the book of James is one of my favorite books of the New Testament. I love the book because of its practical advice and application for everyday life. This is a book that every believer can read, study and easily put into practice in their life.
* The central message of the book of James is found in James 1: 22,
[But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.]
* As an old black preacher once said, "My brethren, dere be two sides to de Gospel; dere's de beliebing side, and dere's de behabing side." 1 I believe he is right, because James admonishes every Christian to allow their belief to become their behavior. We are to take what we know, and learn from God's Word and apply it to every day life.
* In order to fully appreciate the book we must become better acquainted with the author. James is a most interesting, important and impressive man. He opens the epistle in verse 1, by saying,
[James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered a ...
There are 19654 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.