This content is part of a series.
Wanted: Knights in Shining Armor (4 of 4)
Series: How To Be Your Wife's Knight in Shining Armor
June 26, 2005
Just this past week, I came across what is called, "The Rules of Marriage." Husbands, let me share with you this list of rules and listen carefully:
1. The Female always makes THE RULES.
2. THE RULES are subject to change without notice.
3. No Male can possible know all THE RULES.
4. If the Female suspects the Male knows all THE RULES, she must immediately change some of THE RULES.
5. The Female is never wrong.
6. If it appears the Female is wrong, it is because of a flagrant misunderstanding caused by something the Male did or said wrong.
7. If Rule 6 applies, the Male must apologize immediately for causing the misunderstanding.
8. The Female can change her mind at any time.
9. The Male must never change his mind without the express, written consent of the Female.
10. The Female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.
11. The Male must remain calm at all times, unless the Female wants him to be angry or upset.
12. The Female must, under no circumstances, let the Male know whether she wants him to be angry or upset.
13. The Male is expected to read the mind of the Female at all times.
14. At all times, what is important is what the Female meant, not what she said.
15. If the Male, at any time, believes he is right, he must refer to Rule #5.
16. Every house belongs to the oldest female living there.
And all the men said, "Amen!" At least, you better say, "Amen!"
I think about a woman that awoke during the night to find that her husband was not in bed. She put on her robe and went downstairs. He was sitting at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee in front of him. He appeared to be in deep thought, just staring at the wall. She saw him wipe a tear from his eye and take a sip of his coffee. "What's the matter dear? Why are you down here at this time of night?" she ask ...
There are 25564 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.