Stand Firm (9 of 10) by David Cawston
This content is part of a series.Stand Firm (9 of 10)
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Victorious Living Series on Philippians
(1) Since Growing is God's Plan and (2)I have shown you how to have a victorious attitude in everything.
(3) Since I have told you that you always have a purpose with God.
(4) You know that life is not about you, but about Him.
(5) Since I have challenged you be and example of the believer and (6) not to worry but be happy about things.
(7) Since I told you to Throw out the trash and the things that hinder you and (9) focus on the Goal of God!
Stand firm in the Lord
4:1Therefore, my brothers, you whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, that is how you should stand firm in the Lord, dear friends!
Paul wrote to the Corinthians in 1 Cor 15:58
58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. NIV
We need to recognize that standing firm is no easy task.
There are many things that can side track you.
But Paul lists four things here that can sneak up on you easily.
Four things that will try to shake you off of your course and convictions.
Four things that will keep you from standing firm!
1. Unresolved Conflict
2 I plead with Euodia and I plead with Syntyche to agree with each other in the Lord. 3 Yes, and I ask you, loyal yokefellow, help these women who have contended at my side in the cause of the gospel, along with Clement and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the book of life.
You must admit it doesn't take much to start a conflict.
I heard about a wife who had a terribly rough day with her 3 small children. All day they had been terrible.
Her husband got home about 5:30 that evening a ...
There are 15420 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!