Will There Be Any Stars in My Crown? (4 of 4)
Series: Heaven Born, Heaven Bound
Steve N. Wagers
II Timothy 4:8; I Corinthians 9:25-27; James 1:12
May 22, 2005
1. A Crown for Those who Experience Salvation!
A. It is Guarded by a Righteous Lord!
B. It is Given for a Righteous Life!
2. A Crown for Those who Exemplify Dedication!
A. The Regard for a Committed Life!
B. The Requirement of a Crucified Life!
3. A Crown for Those who Endure Tribulation!
A. How we will Receive our Reward!
B. How we will Relinquish our Reward!
* Located in the Tower of London one will find a display of one of the most breathtaking things their eyes could behold, called the Crown Jewels. The Crown Jewels are on display in an underground vault under the parade ground in front of the Waterloo Barracks.
* Among the Crown Jewels are The Royal Sceptre, which holds the largest cut diamond in the world. There is also the Imperial State Crown, for the coronation of Queen Victoria in 1838. It contains 300 priceless stones including the second largest cut diamond in the world, and the Kohnoor diamond which sets in the special crown made in 1937 for the coronation of Queen Elizabeth.
* The Bible teaches us that every believer will forever live in a place called Heaven. We have learned that once we become Heaven born, we become Heaven bound. We have seen that we are going to live in a city that God Himself has prepared for those who know His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
* However, the Bible also teaches us that Heaven is a place where rewards will be given to Christians. Those rewards are referred, in the Word of God, as crowns. The Bible speaks of several different types of crowns, that a believer can win, and, to conclude our study on Heaven, I want us to look at 3 of these crowns today.
* The most desired and distinguished award that a military person can earn is known as The Congressional Medal of Honor. General George Patton once said tha ...
There are 24026 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.