One Way All the Way! (1 of 4)
Series: Heaven Born, Heaven Bound
Steve N. Wagers
May 1, 2005
1. The Definite Promise that Assures Us of Heaven!
A. The Matter of Fear!
B. The Matter of Faith!
C. The Matter of Fact!
2. The Delightful Place that Awaits Us in Heaven!
A. It is a Spacious Place!
B. It is a Special Place!
C. It is a Spiritual Place!
3. The Divine Person that Admits Us to Heaven!
A. He is the Way to Heaven!
B. He is the Truth of Heaven!
C. He is the Life in Heaven!
* An American tourist's visit to the home of the 19th century Polish rabbi, Hofetz Chaim was astonishing to say the least. One of his greatest astonishments was to see that the rabbi's home was only a simple room filled with books, plus a table and a bench, the tourist asked, "Rabbi, where is your furniture?" The rabbi replied, "I don't need furniture, because I'm a visitor here. I'm only passing through."
* C. S. Lewis speaks compelling words, "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world."
* I think of the old mountaineer who had lived a full but not exactly saintly life and was on his deathbed. He summoned his weeping wife. "Sara," he said, "go to the fireplace and take out the third stone from the top." She did as instructed. "Reach in there," said her husband, "and bring out what you find." Her fingers touched a large Mason jar, and with some effort she pulled it up. The jar was full of cash.
* "Sara," said the old man, "when I go, I'm going to take all that money with me. I want you to put that jar up in the attic by the window. I'll get it as I go by on my way to heaven." His wife followed his instructions. That night the old mountaineer died. After the funeral his wife remembered the Mason jar and went to the attic. There was the jar still full of money and by the window. "Oh," the widow sighed. "I knew I should have ...
There are 21943 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.