This content is part of a series.
Managing Your Temple (5 of 5)
Series: Management 101: Becoming a Successful Steward
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
1 Corinthians 6:19-20
February 11, 2001
1. "Riddle, Riddle me ree. I see something you don't see and it is gold."
2. No, it's not the chandeliers. No, its not your neighbors jewelry. No, it's not the offering plates.
3. It's you. You are the greatest resource that God has. We have a beautiful building, but it is not our greatest asset. You give generously of your financial resources, but that is not our greatest asset. The greatest asset we have is you.
4. We've been talking about managing our time, our talents, our treasures. Today we come to the final message and I want us to talk about our temples. Our bodies.
5. Your most valuable resource isn't your money, your time or your talents. Your most valuable resource is you.
6. God has given us all our bodies and they are the vehicle through which we serve the Lord or shame Him.
7. Key passage is 1 Cor. 6:19-20. 1 Cor. 6:18-20, "(19) Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; (20) you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
2. YOUR BODY IS A TEMPLE
1. He is resident in you.
1. "Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you . . . ."
2. We have a beautiful worship center. It is a comfortable setting. But this is not the temple of God.
1. If something were to happen and our buildings were destroyed or confiscated, we could meet out under a tree and still be in the presence of God. The Bible says you are the temple of God.
2. Acts 7:48-50, "However, the Most High does not live in houses made by men. As the prophet says: "(49) Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What kind of house will you build for me? Says the Lord. Or where will my resting place be? (50) Has not my hand made all these things?"
3. "Bu ...
There are 7879 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.