This content is part of a series.
Managing Your Time (2 of 5)
Series: Management 101: Becoming a Successful Steward
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
January 21, 2001
1. We are in the middle of a series of messages entitled, "Management 101." We're trying to get a handle on how to manage rightly the resources that God has entrusted to us. Last week we looked at our talents. You may have argued that you don't have any. I hope that now you realize that you're in God's gifted program!
2. Today we come to the topic of time. I don't think that anyone can argue that you don't have time. We all have time–and the same amount of it.
3. Perhaps you feel like a fellow who once said, "God has certain things that he wants me to do before I die. Until I accomplish these things I will not die." Then he concluded, "And right now I am so far behind I'll probably live forever."
4. We are not going to live forever. The Bible says, "It is appointed unto man once to die, and after this the judgment." Because our time is limited, it is valuable. We must manage it well.
5. The Bible is a great source for learning how to manage time. I want to brand a pair of verses on your hearts this morning Eph. 5:15-16.
6. Three keys to properly manage your time.
1. Seize your opportunities
2. Size up your opposition
3. Satisfy your obligations
2. SEIZE YOUR OPPORTUNITIES "making the most of every opportunity."
1. The good manager seizes his opportunities. Moments come that are irreplaceable.
1. Story of young, attractive girl and her dignified aging grandmother on train crossing Europe during WWII. Into their small compartment stepped a young, handsome corporal and his Senior officer. As they passed through a tunnel two distinct sounds were heard in the darkness. One was a kiss and the second a slap. Thoughts raced through each of their minds. The girl was flattered that the young captain would kiss her and proud of her grandmother for slapping the brazen soldier. Th ...
There are 11365 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.