This content is part of a series.
Get Fit in Your Friendships (3 of 6)
Series: Get Fit 4 Life
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
January 27, 2002
1. Garth Brooks made famous a song entitled, "I've Got Friends in Low Places." The lyrics read in part, "'Cause I've got friends in low places. Where the whiskey drowns, and the beer chases my blues away."
2. Reminds me very much of the friends that the Prodigal Son found. They were with him until the inheritance ran out.
3. Oh, I'm glad that I have friends in high places. Mayor? No, higher. Governor? No, higher. The President? No, higher.
4. Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13). And again, "I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you" (John 15:15).
5. Yes, though unworthy, I have a friend in the highest place.
6. The Bible is full of wonderful stories about friendship: David and Jonathan, Ruth and Naomi, Paul and Timothy. But I've felt the Lord leading me this morning to learn some lessons about friendship from the greatest of all friends–the Lord Jesus.
7. Read John 21:1-5a
2. FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS GIVE UP (21:1-14)
1. The disciples may give up.
1. They had started the Christian life but now were wavering, tottering whether they would continue.
2. Not everyone who begins following Christ ends following Christ.
3. Ted Turner
2. The Lord won't give up on them. This is the third time he appears to them.
1. Life without the Lord is futile
1. They were professional fishermen.
2. The chances that they would fish all night and catch nothing were slim to none. God didn't allow them to catch anything because he wanted to teach them that life without him is empty.
2. Life with the Lord is full and fruitful.
1. They caught 153 large fish.
2. Lesson: The Lord didn't need ...
There are 5297 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.