This content is part of a series.
Get Fit in Your Family (2 of 6)
Series: Get Fit 4 Life
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
January 20, 2002
1. We're in the midst of a New Year's series of messages entitled, "Get Fit 4 Life."
2. Real fitness begins with your faith. Real fitness has to include your family.
3. This morning I want to speak to you on the topic, "Get Fit in Your Family."
2. THE CONSTRUCTION OF A FIT FAMILY (Psalm 127:1)
1. You need the Lord
1. You need the Lord to build your home.
1. Yesterday was going to put together Zack's new trampoline. I called a friend to come help me. He knows how to build. I told him that I'd do the grunt work if he'd tell me how.
2. Matthew 7:24-27 pictures the building of a home.
3. The lead sentence in the articles reads, "He may be adding to his career point total, but Michael Jordan may be fouling out as a Dad." He is worth nearly $400 million. He and his wife, Juanita, have been married for 12 years. They have 3 children. They own a 25,000 square feet mansion. Yet their marriage is on the rocks.
4. Income won't build a house.
5. Impatience won't build a house.
6. Loneliness won't build a house.
2. You need the Lord as a bulwark for your home.
2. You need to labor
1. We too easily give up the hard work of building a home. The responsibilities that are assigned to each member are demanding.
2. Ephesians 5 tells us about our tasks
1. We've got to be saved
2. We've got to be spirit-filled
3. We've got to be servants
1. Sometimes instead of building our home, we're tearing it down.
2. Proverbs 14:1, "The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands."
3. Conclusion: Back in the days of the Model T, a car was broken down by the roadside. A second car approached and a well-dressed man stepped out. He took off his coat, rolled up his sleeves, and in just a moment had the car running. The first man was dumbfounded until he learned the identity of his helper. It was none ...
There are 6700 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.