This content is part of a series.
Get Fit in Your Faith (1 of 6)
Series: Get Fit 4 Life
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
January 6, 2002
1. Americans are obsessed with fitness.
2. Well, not all of them! I saw a cartoon with Dagwood. He's talking to Blondie and says, "I'm making out a list of all the things that I have to do today." She's impressed and excited to see him taking some initiative. Later she comes in and finds him asleep on the couch. "What are you doing?!" she exclaims. "I'm taking a nap." "But I thought that you had a to-do list." "I do. And taking a nap is the first thing on my list!"
3. To those obsessed with physical fitness I say, "Real fitness is more than physical." To those who are spiritual coach potatoes I say, "Get up."
4. I want us to look at the medical chart of a man who was fit. His chart is a marvel because although he had grown old, he had not grown cold.
5. Joshua 14:6-15
2. STEPS TO SPIRITUAL FITNESS
1. Eat Right
1. Three times we find Caleb commenting on God's word.
1. 14:6b, "You know what the Lord said . . . about . . . me."
2. 14:10, "Now then, just as the Lord promised."
3. 14:12, "Now give me this . . . that the Lord promised me."
2. 1 Peter 2:2, "Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow . . . ."
3. He knew that God had promised them the land. Therefore, he strengthened himself on that promise and was spiritually fit to enter and possess the land.
4. Many folks don't eat right. We are junk food addicts. I must confess. In addition to liking Mountain Dew, I like it with a bag of popcorn that's salted and buttered! You fill up on that and you won't want your vegetables.
5. Many of us cram our spiritual stomachs so full of junk food (t.v., magazines, novels) that we have no appetite for the things of good.
2. Exercise Regularly
1. He exercised.
2. Some exercises seem so silly to me.
3. But Caleb's preferred exercises?
1. When they were spyin ...
There are 6221 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.