The Foundation of the Family (6 of 11) by Jeff Ginn
This content is part of a series.The Foundation of the Family (6 of 11)
Series: The Original Top Ten
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
1. It's going to fall. The Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy is going to fall. Scientists travel yearly to measure the building's slow descent. They report that the 179-foot tower moves about one-twentieth of an inch a year, and is now 17 feet out of plumb. They further estimate that by the year 2007 the 810-year old tower will have leaned too far and will collapse onto the nearby ristorante, where scientists now gather to discuss their findings. Quite significantly, the word "pisa" means "marshy land," which gives some clue as to why the tower began to lean even before it was completed. Also--its foundation is only 10 feet deep!
2. If the foundation is weak, the building crumbles. The foundation of human relations in the family.
3. Splintered families. Homosexuality. Absent fathers. Latchkey children. A TV in every room and no time together. The foundation is weakening.
4. The first command at the head of the second table of commands is this one. This is the foundation for all human relations. Satan is launching an all-out assault on the home.
5. Honor your father and mother. It does not say, "Your father and his friend" nor "Your mother and her friend."
1. Requirements of the children
1. Some things that we should not do to honor our parents.
1. Striking them. Ex. 21:15.
1. Teacher fears the principle, the principle fears the Superintendent, the Superintendent fears the School Board, the Board fears the parents, the parents fear the kids, and the kids fear no one.
2. The Sacramento Bee newspaper did a series of articles entitled "Violence at Home." The study reported that as many as one in three children between the ages of 3 and 17 hit their parents each year. The FBI keeps tabs on the number of children who kill their parents annually -- 62 mothers, fathers and stepfathers in 1995.
2. Cursing. ...
There are 8082 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!