Get Right, Stay Right (3 of 5) by Jeff Ginn
This content is part of a series.Get Right, Stay Right (3 of 5)
Series: Psalm 23: Satisfaction Guaranteed
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
January 26, 2003
1. The older deacon always participated in the prayer meetings. He had a signal phrase that always appeared in his prayers. "Lord, please clear away the cobwebs that have come between us and Thee." His repetition of the phrase almost drove one of the younger men crazy. Finally after hearing for the upteemth time, "Lord, please clear away the cobwebs," in exasperation, the younger man cried, out, "Oh Lord, kill the spider!"@
2. It is wonderful that the Lord can clear away the cobwebs, forgive us, and restore us. But God wants us to learn to live in purity. To kill the spider. To walk in paths of righteousness.
3. Today's key verse speaks to the need to Get Right and Stay Right.@
4. Psalm 23:1-3, A1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
5. Quote it in unison as a congregation.
2. RESTORATIONBHIS MINISTRY TO US
1. The Possibility of Restoration
1. According to Webster's, restore means to bring back to its former state; to bring back from a state of ruin, decay, disease, or the like; to repair; to renew; to recover.
2. All types of things can be restored.
1. Art can be restored. Leonardo da Vinci painted AThe Last Supper@ some 500 years ago. It was chipped, disintegrating. An Italian artist, Pinin Brambilla Barcilon, was contracted to get back to the original. For twenty years she labored with her team to bring out the colors and contours of the original.
2. Furniture can be restored. The bed in our home was found in a goat barn. I bought it for a hundred dollars. Then I set to work restoring it.
3. Buildings can be restored. Brother-in-law buys burned out homes then restores them and sells them for a profit.
4. Peo ...
There are 5609 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!