This content is part of a series.
All Stressed Up and Nowhere to Go (2 of 5)
Series: Psalm 23: Satisfaction Guaranteed
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
January 19, 2003
1. On Sep 21, 1956, Grumman test Pilot Tom Attridge holds a unique distinction in the world of aviation. He became the first pilot to shoot himself down. His plane, a Grumman F11F-1 Tiger, was shot by its own bullets. It happened on Sept. 21, 1956. At 13,000' Attridge pulled the trigger for a burst of his 20mm cannon. He continued his descent. At 7,000', the plane was repeatedly struck. He had flown so fast that he had overtaken his own projectiles! He was unable to reach the nearest airport and wrecked among some trees. Attridge was able to escape with his life. The plane was demolished.
2. Do you ever feel that you're flying so quickly that you're shooting yourself?! The faster you go, the behinder you get?
3. Could the caption of your life be: AAll Stressed Up and Nowhere to Go"?
4. There is an antidote to your stress. It is found in Psalm 23.
5. Quote verses 1 and 2. AThe LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."
6. Have congregation quote it.
7. In verse these two verses we find the antidote to stress.
8. Stress. Quote in a memo on my palm pilot. According to RD Americans work more hrs per year than any country incl Japan (1979) and the fewest days of vacation (13). Jan 2003
2. THE SHEPHERD'S REQUIREMENTBREST
1. Introduction: "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures."
2. The condition of the sheep
1. Matthew 9:36, "But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd."
2. Like last week. We are sheep, directionless, defenseless.
3. People today are fainting. They are scattered. Willy-nilly. All over the board. Running to and fro.
4. Because of our condition we need to rest.
5. Visual: I ...
There are 7509 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.