This content is part of a series.
Get Past the Past (6 of 7)
Series: The Big Picture
Dr. Jeffery B. Ginn
Why not say that the past days are better?
1. The Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever.
2. The present (and the future) is what we make it.
3. Life is not to be lived by looking in the rear view mirror. Be like Caleb. Instead of looking back to Eygpt, he looked forward to Canaan. Even at 80 he was crying for a new challenge.
4. Kids are guilty of this as much as the elderly. My children say, "I wish we still lived in NY." I told them, "Don't say that. Your friends here will say, "Well, why don't you go back to NY then?" It's insulting to your present friends and lot in life. When you're handed lemons, make lemonade!
5. Unprecedented favors and opportunities
a. Deut 4:32-34, Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created man on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of? 33 Has any other people heard the voice of God speaking out of fire, as you have, and lived? 34 Has any god ever tried to take for himself one nation out of another nation, by testings, by miraculous signs and wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, or by great and awesome deeds, like all the things the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your very eyes?
6. (from New International Version)
7. Let the Past Be Past
8. Get Past the Past
9. Now we can and ...
There are 3067 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 1534 character sample of the full content.