Tis the Season to Be Jolly
1. THE MESSAGE OF CHRISTMAS DECLARED
A) The Promise of the Lord's Birth
B) The Purpose of the Lord's Birth
2. THE MEANING OF CHRISTMAS DEPICTED
A) The Destiny of His Life
B) The Depths of His Love
3. THE MOMENT OF CHRISTMAS DESCRIBED
A) A Reason to Rejoice
B) A Season to Rejoice
We often sing at Christmas, "Tis the season to be jolly." However, Christmas is not always a happy season for many. One doctor wrote: "There's nothing like the festive season to force you to face the fact that life isn't always as joyful and triumphant as we're lead to believe. What happens? For single people, in particular, Christmas and New Year can be a very isolating time. But even if you're surrounded by family and friends, this time of year can bring more than its fair share of stress, noise, anxiety and squabbles. Add this to long-standing money worries, family conflicts, job problems or bereavement, and it's no wonder calls to helplines about depression and suicide rise by nearly ten per cent during the festive season."
Another article listed some of reasons people find the Christmas season to be a difficult time rather than a season to be jolly:
* Separation or divorce can leave people celebrating Christmas and the holiday season alone.
* People who have lost a loved one are especially mindful of that loss.
* The activities of the holidays can place a significant burden on already full schedules.
* The costs involved with the holidays can place a significant burden on already tight budgets.
A survey on depression at Christmas found that over 45 per cent of those who responded said that they dread the festive season. And when asked: If you're already depressed, does Christmas tend to make it worse?" more than 57 per cent replied that it often or always does.
Christmas is not "the most wonderful time of the year" for everyone. It is a sad and depressing time for many. I understand and sympat ...
There are 18235 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.