Judges: A Faith That Shines! (11 of 11) by Steve Wagers
This content is part of a series.Judges: A Faith That Shines! (11 of 11)
Series: Faith Factor
Steve N. Wagers
1. A Faith that Endured Dark Times!
A. It was a Time of Moral Decay!
B. It was a Time of Spiritual Declension!
2. A Faith that Escaped Difficult Troubles!
A. The Courage of Fearless Men!
B. The Confidence of Faithful Men!
3. A Faith that Embraced Divine Triumph!
A. The Report of a Godly Life!
B. The Reward for a Godly Life!
* TIME Magazine recently released its list of the top 100 hundred people of the last 100 years. The list included people such as Princess Diana, Mother Theresa, Billy Graham, Jackie Robinson, Bill Wilson, Pele, Marilyn Monroe, Charles Lindbergh, John F. Kennedy, Rosa Parks, Bruce Lee, Anne Frank and Helen Keller just to name a few. TIME Magazine gave the number 1 position, of the top 100 stars in the past 100 years, to Muhammed Ali.
* As we conclude our study of Hebrews 11, I believe we could not conclude it in any greater fashion. We come to a list of Bible heroes who, may not make TIME Magazine lists, but made the Hall of Faith list. These are people who ought to serve as our mentors, idols and heroes from a spiritual standpoint.
* Verses 32-40 summarize the rest of Old Testament history, from the period of the judges through the kingdom era. The writer cites several examples from the periods of the judges, the prophets and the kings.
* It's interesting that the writer starts by saying, "And what more shall I say?" It's almost as if their lives of faith spoke for itself, and there is nothing more that can be said.
* The examples given in Hebrews 11 were taken from the first 6 books of the Old Testament. There were many other examples, which could have been used, but the writer states in verse 32 that "time would fail" him to speak of all the examples of faith.
* Thus, he gives the specific names of 6 men and recounts the lives of other unnamed men in the following verses to describe for ...
There are 14398 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!