Joshua: A Faith That Solidifies! (9 of 11) by Steve Wagers
This content is part of a series.Joshua: A Faith That Solidifies! (9 of 11)
Series: Faith Factor
Steve N. Wagers
1. Joshua's Character!
A. The Name of a Great Man!
B. The Nature of a Godly Man!
2. Joshua's Call!
A. A Specific Call!
B. A Special Call!
C. A Satisfying Call!
D. A Successful Call!
3. Joshua's Conquest!
A. The Obstacle that was Before Him!
B. The Obedience that was Within Him!
• Most of Hebrews 11 is concerned with individuals of great faith. It is a study of great Bible characters and the lives of faith they lived. However, verses 29-30 are concerned with instances of great faith. Tucked away in these two short verses are two of the greatest feats ever witnessed by the children of Israel.
• The first deals with the miraculous night when the children of Israel crossed the mighty waters of the Red Sea. The second deals with the great victory at Jericho where massive walls crumbled to the ground.
• Between these 2 verses are 40 years of history detailed in the Old Testament, but passed over in Hebrews 11. The reason is that these 40 years were years of chastening because of the unbelief on the part of Israel.
• The life of Joshua has been aptly described as when the 'immovable object meets the irrestible force.' In other words, during his life, and under his leadership, the "immovable object" of Jericho met the "irrestible force" of faith.
• Let's examine our text and observe 3 things that stand out about the faith-life of Joshua.
1. Joshua's CHARACTER!
• One of the first things that stands out to me about Joshua is his character. Throughout out his life we do not read of one sin, or one failure. He was a man of impeccable character as demonstrated in a couple of ways. First, there is:
A. The NAME of a GREAT Man!
• The name 'Joshua' literally means, "Jehovah is salvation." Joshua serves as a picture, and type of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is referred to in Hebrews 2: 10 as the "Captain of ou ...
There are 17521 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!