This content is part of a series.
Joseph: A Faith That Surpasses! (7 of 11)
Series: Faith Factor
Steve N. Wagers
1. God Trusted Him with Ability!
A. Physical Attractiveness!
B. Spiritual Awareness!
2. God Tested Him with Adversity!
A. He Faced Unforeseen Abandonment!
B. He Fought Unexpected Allurement!
C. He Found Unrivaled Advancement!
3. God Triumphed Him with Authority!
A. His Confidence in the Promise of God!
B. His Comparison with the Person of God!
• I found an interesting and funny little piece the other day. It is someone's definition of success.
At age 4, success is... not using the bathroom in your pants
at age 12, success is...having friends
At age 16, success is...having a driver's license
At age 20, success is...getting a job
At age 35, success is...having money
At age 50, success is...having more money
At age 60, success is...having sexual relations
At age 70, success is...having a driver's license
At age 75, success is...having friends
At age 90, success is...not using the bathroom in your pants.
• William F. Harley said, "There are no great men, only great challenges that ordinary men are forced, by circumstances, to meet." I think of Shakespeare's famous work, "Twelfth Night," from which we have the immortal words:
"Some are born great,
Some achieve greatness
Some have greatness thrust upon them."
• As we continue our journey through the hall of faith, we come to a man who could easily be considered a success, as well as a man of greatness. He is man named Joseph.
• From the very beginning of his life we learn that he lived a godly life, as well as a guarded life. In Genesis 39: 2 we read, "the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man."
• One-quarter of the book of Genesis is made up of the account of Joseph's life. Yet, there is no sin, failure, or mistake that is featured or recorded. He certainly was not sinless, but it seems that his life was spotless before men, and clean bef ...
There are 15428 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.