This content is part of a series.
Isaac: A Faith that Satisfies! (5 of 11)
Series: Faith Factor
Steve N. Wagers
1. The Submission He Personifies!
A. His Miraculous Birth!
B. His Marvelous Behavior!
2. The Salvation He Portrays!
A. The Father's Will in Seeking a Bride!
B. The Servant's Work in Securing a Bride!
C. The Son's Waiting in Seeing a Bride!
3. The Sovereignty He Proclaims !
A. His Recollection of the Past!
B. His Recommendation for the Future!
1. The least known of all the Patriarchs is Isaac. He lived longer than any of the other patriarchs, but little space is devoted to his life in the Word of God.
2. There are basically 5 things for which Isaac is most noted:
* He is the "Son of Promise" to Abraham
* He married Rebekkah at age of 36
* He gave birth to the first twins mentioned in the Bible: Jacob and Esau
* He was the heir of everything that belonged to his father, Abraham.
* He was different from all of the other sons of Abraham, in that, God would fulfill His promise through the seed of Isaac.
3. In Hebrews 11, only one verse is devoted to the faith-life of Isaac. It regards something which he said to his sons before his death. We read, in verse 20, "By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come."
4. I believe to better understand the faith-life of Isaac, we must turn to the longest chapter in the book of Genesis, chapter 24. Genesis chapter 24 is the longest chapter in Genesis containing 67 verses. It is the longest single episode except for the flood that occupies 75 verses. It is the story of a father and a son, a servant and a master, and a groom and a bride.
5. The main characters are Abraham, Isaac, Rebekah and the unnamed servant of Abraham. Abraham is 140-years old and his son Isaac is 40. It is time for Abraham to find a bride and time for Isaac to take a bride. The story ends with the unnamed servant bringing Isaac a bride, and it was love at first sight.
6. A man on a ...
There are 20970 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.