This content is part of a series.
Abraham: A Faith That Satisfies! (4 of 11)
Series: Faith Factor
Steve N. Wagers
1. He Believed God When He Didn't Know WHERE!
A. He was Walking an Uncertain Path!
B. He Was Seeing an Unfamiliar Place!
C. He Was Facing an Uncomfortable Provision!
2. He Believed God When He Didn't Know HOW!
A. The Unnatural!
B. The Unreasonable!
C. The Unbelievable!
3. He Believed God When He Didn't Know WHY!
A. God's Purpose Seemed to be Concealed!
B. God's Promise Seemed to be Contradicted!
C. God's Power Seemed to be Constrained!
1. Legend has it that a man was lost in the desert, dying for a drink of water. He stumbled upon an old shack that was windowless, roofless and weather-beaten. He looked around and a found a little shade from the head of the desert sun. As he glanced around he spotted an old, rusty water pump about 15-feet away. He stumbled over to it, grabbed the handle, and began pumping up and down; but, nothing came out.
2. Extremely disappointed, he staggered back. He noticed off to the side was an old jug. He wiped away the dirt, and noticed a note with a messsage on it, which read:
"You have to prime the pump with all the water in this jug, my friend."
P. S. "Be sure you fill the jug again before you leave."
3. He popped the cork off the jug and sure enough, it was almost full of water. Suddenly, he was faced with a decision. If he drank the water in the jug, he could live. But, if he poured all the water into the rusty old pump, it might yield more fresh, cool water, but there were no guarantees. He carefully studied both options.
4. Finally, very reluctantly, he poured all the water into the pump. He grabbed the handle and began to pump. All he heard was the squeaking of the rusty handles. He pumped again, but only a dribble of water came out. He pumped again, and to his amazement the water began to gush out of the pump. He had all the water he would ever want, need; and ...
There are 17917 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.