What Really Happens When Revival Comes
At this very moment there are more believers living here in the United States than in any time in history.
• Hundreds of churches boast membership in the thousands and dozens of ministries claim to be touching the world.
• Gospel television and radio shows are aired twenty four hours a day.
• Christian literature pours off the presses at an unprecedented pace.
• Believers are neck deep in praise tapes and teaching materials.
But something is terribly wrong.
• Our society is crumbling all around us.
• The fear of God has all but disappeared.
Something horrible has taken place.
The church has backslidden without even knowing it.
Like Sardis in the Book of Revelation, we have become "The perfect model of inoffensive Christianity."
"Having a reputation of being alive, yet being dead."
Like Sardis we have come to terms with our pagan environment and provoke almost no opposition and make almost no impact.
Like Sardis, situated high on a mountain, we have felt safe and secure in this world.
Why else has persecution ceased?
How else do we explain, that American's can sin with so little guilt, unless we have ceased to be "the salt of the earth and the light of world". Matthew 5:13-16
Unless we have ceased to be the standard of righteousness for our society. Paul taught "Where there is no law, there is no transgression". Romans 4:15
Do the people of the world know that they are breaking God's law, when we haven't lived it out and proclaimed it?
Can we accuse them of irreverence, when we have shown them nothing to revere?
The fact is, we have gotten so fat that we can't even get out the church doors to touch the world.
Our contemporary gospel has bred
• complacency instead of compassion
• success instead of sacrifice
• prestige instead of prayer
We no longer ask what we can do for Him, but ask what He can do for us.
We have failed to change the world, so the world has changed us.
It's methods have become our methods and we are governed by it's mindset.
We wear it's ungodly fashions, listen to it's demonic music and watch it's sensual stars.
It's pollution pours into our homes and children look anything but holy.
The Lord has called us to be holy and set apart from sin, just as He is Holy.
But are we really much different than the unsaved?
• We've been greedy, covetous, decisive, slanderous, undisciplined in our spending
• Our family life has become a burden.
• We've made celebrities out of our leaders.
• We have put our treasures in earthly things.
• Heaven and hell have become a figures of speech.
• There is hardly any brokeness for the lost.
• How often have we wept for an unsaved family members or friend?
• If our stomach is not our god, why so little fasting for a genuine revival and outpouring?
• Why so little sacrifice here, if eternal life is our real goal?
We hav ...
There are 16011 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 3000 character sample of the full content.
for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!