How to Handle Tragedies!
There are a lot myths about tragedy.
* If I serve the Lord tragedy won't happen to me!
* God doesn't allow bad to come to really good people. I it does there must be hidden things that have cause this to happen!
* I am a victim of the devil who is out to get me!
* Tragedy happens only because of a lack of faith!
* Tragedy is never God's will!
* If I am wearing the right charm or lucky symbol tragedy won't happen.
This is a time for solid Biblical learning!
Tragedy is not uncommon to God's Word. His Word is filled with people who faced sever and tragic situations. We can learn from them How God expects us to respond!
His Word addresses every one of the above myths strait on!
1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.
2 He had seven sons and three daughters,
3 and he owned seven thousand sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred yoke of oxen and five hundred donkeys, and had a large number of servants. He was the greatest man among all the people of the East.
4 His sons used to take turns holding feasts in their homes, and they would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them.
5 When a period of feasting had run its course, Job would send and have them purified. Early in the morning he would sacrifice a burnt offering for each of them, thinking, "Perhaps my children have sinned and cursed God in their hearts." This was Job's regular custom.
1. Bad Things happen to good people!
14 There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: righteous men who get what the wicked deserve, and wicked men who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless. (NIV)0
"Sometimes something useless happens on earth: bad things happen to good people, and good things happen to bad people. It seems totally useless when either one of those o ...
There are 23047 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.