Guard your Heart Against Hardening
Identify the disease of Hardness!
The story of Samson recorded in Judges 14—16 is the greatest picture of hardening. It graphically portrays the process.
Tell the story!
* Mother prayed for a child and God gave her a son!
* Nothing much is said about his growing up years except he had a father that did not seem to be too spiritually sensitive.
* Judg 13:22-24
22 And Manoah said to his wife, "We shall surely die, because we have seen God!"
23 But his wife said to him, "If the LORD had desired to kill us, He would not have accepted a burnt offering and a grain offering from our hands, nor would He have shown us all these things, nor would He have told us such things as these at this time."
24 So the woman bore a son and called his name Samson; and the child grew, and the LORD blessed him. (NKJ)
* A young man who develops a love for a Philistine woman!
* He marries her.
* Then becomes angry because he gave the Philistines at the wedding a riddle and she coerced the meaning of the riddle out of him on the threat of her life and that of her father.
* He leaves her and comes back later but by this time her father has given her away to somebody else.
* Samson become angry at the philistines because of his wife being given to one of them and go on the rampage of destruction.
* His wife and her father are ultimately killed and now his anger is rage and bitterness.
* Delilah comes into the picture by the philistines to try to capture the secret of his strength.
* He feels he can withhold from her even though her temptations are so blatantly obvious.
* Ultimately he falls pray and does not even realize that the Spirit of the Lord has left him and he is now meat in their hands.
How does hardening and entrapment happen?
This is the picture of hardening!
14 “But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
15 Then when lust hath co ...
There are 5104 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.