This content is part of a series.
Begin with the Blueprints (1 of 8)
Series: Extreme Home Makeover for Families
1. Put together one very run-down house, a needy family who deserves a better place to live, several opinionated designers, one week and what do you get? The answer is - Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. It is not only a fascinating show to watch, but it will touch even the hardest of hearts.
2. Each episode features a race against time on a project that would ordinarily take somewhere between 3-4 months to achieve. A team of designers, contractors, and several hundred workers have just 7 days to totally rebuild and remake an entire house - every single room, plus the exterior and landscape.
3. What you get to see in one hour is not only the unbelievable makeover of the house, but you see how the house makeover has impacted the life of a needy family.
4. Whether it is enlarging the home of a couple expecting triplets, rebuilding a house for eight children who had just lost their parents, or remodeling the living space of a wheel chaired-bound young man, by making it more accessible, including installation of an elevator. It is a heart warming show that has something to say not only literally, but also symbolically and even spiritually.
5. My only beef with the show is the title is misleading. It really should be called, ''Extreme Makeover: House Edition'', because people can change a house, but only God can change a home.
Over the next several weeks, we are going to be giving you God's version of ''Extreme Home Makeover for Families'', because the home and the family today are definitely in need of an extreme makeover.
6. In 1947, a sociologist at Harvard University named, Carle Zimmerman, published a book entitled, Family and Civilization. In that book, he traces the history of the family from its beginning to its contemporary set. He argues that the heart of society is the nuclear family - father, mother and the childre ...
There are 17941 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.