A One-of-A-Kind Worship Experience!
Steve N. Wagers
1. A few years ago the Chicago Tribune reported the story of a New Mexico woman who was frying tortillas when she noticed that the skillet burns on one of her tortillas resembled the face of Jesus. Excited, she showed it to her husband and neighbors, and they all agreed that there was a face etched on the tortilla, and that it truly bore a resemblance to Jesus.
2. The next day, the woman went to her priest to have the tortilla blessed. She testified that the tortilla had changed her life, and her husband agreed that she had been a more peaceful, happy, submissive wife since the tortilla had arrived. The priest, no accustomed to blessing tortillas, was reluctant, but agreed to bless it.
3. The woman took the tortilla home, put it in a glass case with piles of cotton to make it look like it was floating on clouds. She then built a special altar for it, and opened the little shrine to visitors. When a few months, more than 8,000 people had come to the shrine of the "Jesus of the Tortilla," and all of them agreed that the face in the burn marks was the face of Jesus, except for one reporter who said that he thought it looked like former heavyweight boxing champion, Leon Spinks.
4. Sadly enough, one of the things that has been lost in the Christian church today is the art of worship. We refer to our services as "worship services," but I am afraid that we come in, and go out without ever scratching the surface of true worship. A. W. Tozer put it well:
"The presence of God in our midst, bringing a sense of Godly fear and holy reverence, is largely missing in the church today. Thus, much of what we call worship, God does not."
5. The worship of God is a theme that dominates the entire Bible. In Genesis, man fell because he failed to worship God; and, in Revelation, one day, all of history will culminate in the worship of God as the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
6. The ...
There are 14389 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.