The Mother of a Mighty Man!
Steve N. Wagers
Mother's Day 2004
1. The Confidence in God's Provision of Her Son!
A. The Rejoicing in Her Home!
B. The Recognition of Her Heart!
2. The Commitment to God's Protection for Her Son!
A. A Willingness to Turn to God!
B. A Willingness to Trust in God!
3. The Comfort of God's Providence over Her Son!
A. The Hand of God is Seen in the Boy's Discovery!
B. The Heart of God is Shown in the Mother's Recovery!
1. A young preacher was preparing to preach his very first sermon. Knowing that it was his first sermon, he wanted it to hit a home run, and wanted to have a smashing introduction to set it off. He went to an older pastor, and asked him if he had a great introduction guaranteed to grab everyone's attention.
2. The pastor did, and said, "Son, I have an illustration that works every single time. I have used it for years, and it is guaranteed to work. When you get into the pulpit, make this statement, 'Some of the greatest days of my life I spent in the arms of another man's wife.' Then, wait a moment, and say, 'My mother!'" He went on to say, "Remember, don't forget to pause for a moment, and whatever you do, don't forget to say, 'My mother!'"
3. Finally, the Sunday came that the young man was to preach. He walked into the pulpit with two problems; one, he was scared to death; and, two, he had forgot to tell his wife what he was going to open his sermon with. So, the young preacher cleared his throat, confident of his smashing introduction and said, "Some of the greatest days of my life I spent in the arms of another man's wife." He waited for a moment; but, about that time, his wife, who was a hot-tempered lady, got up out of her seat and headed toward the pulpit.
4. He said it again, "Some of the greatest days of my life I spent in the arms of another man's wife." He waited, again, for a moment; but, by this time, his wife was walking up onto th ...
There are 27083 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.