If I Had Only One Song to Sing!
Steve N. Wagers
1. A Song of EXALTATION!
a. A Recognition as to the Person of God!
B. A Recognition as to the Position of God!
C. A Recognition as to the Power of God!!
2. A Song of CELEBRATION!
a. God has Brought Them FROM!
B. God has Brought Them FORTH!
3. A Song of ANTICIPATION!
A. The Disarmament of a Future Threat!
B. The Establishment of a Future Throne!
1. Of the estimated 400,000 Christian hymns that have been published, few than 500 are in common use and only 150 of them are well-known by church-goers. To determine their popularity in this country, a poll was taken, which disclosed that 4 hymns alone constituted the first choice of 20 thousand out of the 30 thousand church goers present. For every 100 persons whose first choice was the hymn, "Abide With Me," the hymn that led; 75 preferred "Nearer My God To Thee"; 57 preferred "Lead, Kindly Light"; and, 47 preferred "Rock of Ages."
2. A Christian publication entitled, "Ram's Horn" recently published its latest poll of the favorite hymns of the faith. Those hymns receiving the largest votes were:
10. Saved by Grace.
9. How Firm a Foundation
8. Ninety and Nine
7. Sweet Hour of Prayer
6. Abide with Me
5. What a Friend We Have in Jesus
4. Just As I Am
3. Rock of Ages
2. Jesus, Lover of My Soul
1. Nearer, My God To Thee 1
3. Someone has said that the requirements of a singer are:
a big chest, a big mouth, 90% memory, 10% intelligence, lots of hard work and something in the heart.
4. A number of years ago, a child was tragically killed in an automobile accident. The child was the son of the minister of an extremely liberal church. His funeral was one of the saddest occasions because there was no evidence of a truly Christian faith on the part of those intimately linked to the deceased. In fact, this was evidenced in the song that was given as an expression of the young boy's affirm ...
There are 20548 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.