When Jesus Shows Up In Our Panic Room!
Steve N. Wagers
1. In his book, "Nothing to Fear," Fraser Kent outlines the unusual fears which plague so many people. He listed:
* Peladophobia: the fear of baldness
* Aerophobia: the fear of drafts
* Porphyrophobia: the fear of the color purple
* Chaetophobia: the fear of hairy people
* Levophobia: the fear of objects on the left side of the body
* Dextrophobia: the fear of objects on the right side of the body
* Thalassaphobia: the fear of sitting down
* Odontophobia: the fear of teeth
* Graphobia: the fear of writing in public
* Phobophobia: the fear of being afraid
2. G. Campbell Morgan said of fear:
"Fear is the wrong use of imagination. It is anticipating the worst, not the best that can happen!"
3. Can you think of a time when you have been afraid? Let me put it another way, can you think of a time when you have been "slap scared to death?" Fear is something that is common to us regardless of how long we have been saved, or how great of a Christian we are. We fear the unknown, the unseen, the untold and the unheard.
4. The Bible reminds us that "God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love and of a sound mind." Thus, if fear does not come from God, it can only come from one other source: our enemy, the devil.
There are 3 things the Bible teaches us about fear. First:
A.) Fear Gathers as we Disobey the Word of God!
B.) Fear Grips as we Disregard the Word of God!
C.) Fear Grows as we Disbelief the Word of God!
5. Such was the case with the disciples. It wasn't that they had disobeyed the Word of God, but they had disregarded, and disbelieved the Word of God. Thus, they find themselves, after the resurrection, in a "panic room.
6. In John 20, we find the first appearance of the Risen Christ to His disciples. Up until this point there is great disbelief that He has RAISED from the dead, in fact their greatest fear is t ...
There are 4671 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.