This content is part of a series.
Did You Know…That You Can Be Perfect? (3 of 4)
Series: Did You Know
I John 3:1-3
1. Have you ever met a perfect person? I came across this story that I want to read to you about perfection. Once upon a time, a perfect man and a perfect woman met. After a perfect courtship, they had a perfect wedding. Their life together was absolutely perfect.
2. One snowy, stormy Christmas Eve this perfect couple was driving their perfect car along a winding road when they noticed someone at the side of the road in distress. Being the perfect couple, they stopped to help.
3. There stood Santa Claus with a huge bundle of toys. Not wanting to disappoint any children on Christmas Eve, the perfect couple loaded Santa and his toys into their car. Soon they were driving along delivering the toys.
4. Unfortunately, the driving conditions deteriorated and the perfect couple and Santa Claus had an accident. Only one of them survived the accident.
5. See if you can answer this question. Who was the survivor? Obviously, the perfect woman is the only one that survived, because she is the only one who really existed in the first place. Everybody knows there is no Santa Claus and there is no such thing as a perfect man.
6. There is more. If there is no perfect man and there is no Santa Claus, then the perfect woman must have been driving and that explains why there was a car accident.
7. We all know that nobody is perfect. In fact, the scripture says,
"For there is not a single person in all the earth who is always good and never sins." (Ecclesiastes 7:20, NLT)
I know that nobody is perfect, but that is not the question. The question I am asking is this. Did you know you can be perfect? Now that is a trick question in a way, because the answer is a qualified yes. No, you cannot be perfect in this life, but you can be perfect in the life to come if you are a child of God.
8. That statement doesn't include e ...
There are 14624 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.