This content is part of a series.
Did You Know...That You Can Know God? (2 of 4)
Series: Did You Know
I John 2:3-5
1. Why were you put on this earth?
What should be your greatest goal in life?
What is the single greatest achievement you could obtain on this earth?
What is the secret to eternal life?
The answer to all of these questions is the same. It is found in two words - Knowing God.
2. That is what God wants from you and for you more than anything else in your life. God said in Hosea 6:6,
"I'd rather for you to be faithful and to know Me than to offer sacrifices." (Hosea 6:6, CEV)
More than your time, more than your talent, more than your treasure, God wants you to know Him and to know Him personally.
3. Today the popular thing is to know yourself. Find out who you are. Get in touch with your inner feelings. Discover the real you. Let me let you in on a little secret – unless you get to know God, you will never get to know you. Romans 8:6 says,
"Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life." (Romans 8:6, MSG)
4. When it comes to knowing God there are four groups of people in this world and maybe all four are in this congregation today.
1. There are people who don't know God and know they don't know God. They would make no pretense about it. They either don't believe in God or they believe in God, but don't acknowledge a personal relationship with Him and have no desire to have a personal relationship with Him.
2. There are people who don't know God, but they think they do. This includes a lot of religious people, a lot of people who regularly attend church and they honestly think that they know God, but they really don't.
3. There are people who know God, but they are not sure they know God. I have met a lot of these people, who really do know God, perhaps not as well as they should, but they do know Him, but they are just not sure t ...
There are 14512 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.