On-Star Navigation for Your Life: How to Know God's Will in Every Decision(36 of 42) by Rick Ferguson
This content is part of a series.A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey Of The Book Of Romans (36 of 42)
On-Star Navigation for Your Life: How to Know God's Will in Every Decision
Introduction: This church building has over a dozen entrances to it. And if you are not familiar with these buildings, it can be a little confusing knowing which door you should enter. You can go anywhere you want from any of the entrances . . . But each entrance gives you a different orientation to the building. And the problem is, you can only go through one entrance at a time.
Romans 12:1-2 is like our church building. There are at least a dozen or more entry points. Every entry point brings you into the heart of the passage from as slightly different orientation. Some of the entrances to Romans 12:1-2 are . . .
• The MERCIES OF GOD entrance . . . "I beseech you therefore by the mercies of God . . ."
• The PERSONAL SACRIFICE entrance . . . "present your bodies a living sacrifice."
• The TOTAL SURRENDER entrance . . . "present your bodies a living sacrifice."
• The WORSHIP entrance . . ."your reasonable service (worship)"
• The PERSONAL HOLINESS entrance . . . "present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable unto God."
• The SEPARATED LIVING entrance . . . "Do not be conformed to this world."
• The TRANSFORMED LIFE entrance . . . "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind."
• The RENEWED THINKING entrance . . . "Be transformed by the renewing of your mind"
• The KNOWING THE WILL OF GOD entrance . . . "That you may know that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."
So as I approached this passage, I had to decide which door through which I was going to enter this morning. Any one of these doors could get us into the passage, but we can only enter through one door at a time.
NOTE: My first inclination is to stay on this passage for about 2 months and enter a different door each week . . . But Kathy would not let me go home today if ...
There are 41808 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!