This content is part of a series.
A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey Of The Book Of Romans (32 of 42)
Faith: Separating Fact From Fiction
Let me ask you to begin our study in God's Word today by filling in the blanks on these critical passages of scripture...
Eph.2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through FAITH, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift from God."
Romans 1:17b "... The just shall live by FAITH."
Romans 5:1 "Therefore, being justified by FAITH , we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ."
Mt. 17:20 "... For assuredly I say unto you, if you have FAITH as a mustard seed, you will say unto this mountain, 'Move from here to there, and it will move: and nothing will be impossible for you."
2 Cor.5:17 "For we walk by FAITH not by sight."
Rom. 14:23b "For whatever is not from FAITH is sin."
Heb. 11:6 "But without FAITH it is impossible to please God."
Faith... It is the most essential ingredient in the Christian life.
• How are we saved?.... We are saved by faith
• How are we justified before God?... We are justified by faith
• How can we be at peace with God?... It is through faith
• How do we approach God?... We must approach God by faith
• How do we move mountains?... Mountains are moved by faith
• How do we please God?... It is impossible to please God apart from faith
• How are we to live?... We walk by faith and not by sight.
Genuine faith is the most essential ingredient in the Christian life. The entire Christian life is a life of faith.
The problem is... A lot of us have been told we are to live by faith, but we have never been taught how to live by faith.
The problem is... There is a whole lot of confusion regarding this matter of biblical, life-changing faith today.
EX. The "Word Faith" movement (often called "The Prosperity Gospel" or the "Health and Wealth Gospel") is a popular, well-financed, doctrinal aberration that has permeated Christian ...
There are 43632 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.