Reigning in Life Through Jesus Christ (11 of 42) by Rick Ferguson
This content is part of a series.A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey of the Book of Romans (11 of 42)
Reigning in Life Through Jesus Christ
Question: Have you ever had your faith challenged with the question "If there is a loving righteous God in control of what is happening on earth, then why is there so much suffering and death in the world?"
• If we were honest, probably everyone of us has been haunted by that question.
• Every time we see a car accident, a terrorist bombing, a natural disaster, a child with terminal cancer, a new war break out between nations,
• The truth is, we are bombarded with daily images of carnage and suffering and death, and these challenge our faith in a righteous and loving God.
• Our faith becomes acutely vulnerable when suffering, pain and death invade our own lives, and strike close to home to people we know and love.
So, how do you answer that daunting question, "If there is a loving, just God in control of all things, then where does all this injustice, suffering and death come from. Why does it happen in our world?"
Today, the Apostle Paul is going to give us the answer to that question in the Book of Romans.
He is going to tell us..
• How suffering an death got into the system and
• What God is doing to remedy the situation?
Paul is also going to describe for a way of deliverance. A way to live above the carnage and devastation.
Please open your Bibles to Romans chapter 5, and let's read what God has to say about...
"Reigning In Life Through Jesus Christ"
Look again at verse 17. I believe this is the key verse to the whole chapter 5 of Romans... It is the theme verse...
17 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. (NKJ)
I have to tell you, this is one of the most difficult passages of scripture I have ever tried to ...
There are 71677 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!