Christ Is Our Life (10 of 42) by Rick Ferguson
This content is part of a series.A Solid Place to Stand: A Doctrinal Survey of the Book of Romans (10 of 42)
Christ Is Our Life
Question: Do you know what the primary difference is between genuine Christianity and every other religion or belief system in the world?
Answer: It is simply this, Christianity is totally and exclusively wrapped-up in the living person of Jesus Christ.
• Every other world religion is based on a particular man's teaching
• Every other world religion is based on a particular man's moral example
• Every other world religion is based on a particular man's philosophy or ethic.
But the religion itself is not essentially, indispensably tied to the person who founded that religion.
Any other person teaching the same thing could have been the founder of that religion.
This is not the case with Christianity. For Christianity is not merely...
• A religion about Jesus
• A religion based on the teachings of Jesus
• A religion based on the moral example of Jesus
• A religion based on the ethic of Jesus
Christianity is a religion (if you can even call it a religion) wrapped up exclusively in the LIVING PERSON of Jesus Christ.
And Jesus Himself is the sum-total of the Christian life.
EX. Do you know.....
• You can believe in the teachings of Jesus and not be a true Christian
• You can follow the moral example of Jesus and not be a true Christian
• You can live the ethics of Jesus and not be a true Christian
• You can even believe all the right orthodox doctrine about Jesus and not be a true Christian
More than a RELIGION... Christianity is essentially a RELATIONSHIP with the real and living person of Jesus Christ.
NOTE: Most of the people in the world do not understand this truth. I fear that even a vast majority of people who claim some connection with Christianity do not understand this.
EX. I had a person tell me once, "Well, I am a Christian. I am just not one of those 'born again' Christians."
You s ...
There are 29914 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.
Sign up for a Free Trial with SermonSearch.com and download this sermon free today!