This content is part of a series.
Giving God More in 2004 (4 of 4)
Giving God More of Our TALENTS!
Pastor Steve N. Wagers
Matthew 25: 14-30
1. The RESPONSIBILITY that Each Man FOUND!
A. These Gifts were Delegated by a Generous Master!
B. These Gifts were Determined by a Genuine Measure!
2. The ACCOUNTABILITY that Each Man FACED!
A. The Savvy of a Faithful Servant!
B. The Skill of a Useful Servant!
C. The Shame of a Disgraceful Servant!
1. He was Disgraced in his Perception of the Master!
2. He was Disgraced in his Performance for the Master!
3. He was Disgraced in his Punishment by the Master!
1. There is an old story told about a man by the name of Ali Facid. He had a small farm and a family. One day, a Buddhist priest came by and said to Ali Facid, "You know, there are valuable stones called diamonds, and if you get one of these you could be a wealthy man." Ali Facid went to bed that night, but the words of the old priest haunted him. He was so obsessed that he felt that he must find him one of these diamonds so that he could become a ruler. He sold his farm, put his family out to neighbors and went out to find his acres of diamonds. Months passed. He was broken in body and spirit. His funds were gone. And at the Bay of Barcelona, he threw himself into the water, never to walk this earth again.
2. Meanwhile, the man who bought his farm bent over one day and picked up a little stone. He laid it on the mantle that night not knowing what it was. A few days later the old Buddhist priest cam by and saw it and exclaimed, "Ali Facid must be back from his search." No, came the response. The priest asked, "Then where did that diamond come from?" The farmer replied, "I was out plowing in the garden and found it there. And friends, did you know that from that very garden came the jewels and diamonds that today adorn the crown heads of Europe and Russia. In Ali Facid's own back yard there were acres of diamonds and he knew it not.
3. As Christians, God ...
There are 27594 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.