This content is part of a series.
Giving God More in 2004 (3 of 4)
Giving God More of Our TONGUE!
Pastor Steve N. Wagers
Ecclesiastes 10: 11-14
1. The DISTASTEFULNESS of a CARELESS Tongue!
A. The Origination of Foolish Speech!
B. The Obligation of Foolish Speech!
2. The DISGRACEFULNESS of a CORRUPT Tongue!
A. The Poison Our Words Can Inject!
B. The Peril Our Words Can Inflict!
3. The DELIGHTFULNESS of a CONTROLLED Tongue!
A. Where a Controlled Tongue is Absent we Find a Burden!
B. Where a Controlled Tongue is Abundant we Find a Blessing!
1. Justin Martyr said,
"By examining the tongue of a patient, physicians find out the diseases of the body; philosophers find out the diseases of the mind; and, Christians find out the diseases of the soul."
2. In a little English cemetery there is a tombstone that reads:
Beneath this stone, a lump of clay
Lies Arabella Young
Who on the twenty-fourth of May
Began to hold her tongue
3. I recently read about a man that worked in the produce department of a grocery store. One day a lady asked if she could have a half-a-head of lettuce. He replied, "Half-a-head? Are you serious? God grows full heads and that is how we sell them." The lady said, "You mean that after all the years I've shopped here, you will not sell me half-a-head of lettuce?" The man said, "Look, if you like I'll ask the manager." The lady said she would appreciate that, so the man marched to the front of the store and manager's office.
4. He said to the manager, "You won't believe this, but there's a lame-brain idiot of a lady that wants to know if she can buy half-a-head of lettuce." About that time he noticed that the lady was standing behind him. Quickly he added, "And this nice lady was wondering if she could buy the other half."
5. Later that day, the manager said to the man, "That was the best example of thinking on your feet I have ever seen. Where did you learn that?" He replied, "I grew up in Grand Rapids and if you know anything abo ...
There are 24733 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.