This content is part of a series.
Day by Day (4 of 6)
READING THE BIBLE DAY BY DAY
1. DISPLAYING OUR LOVE FOR THE BIBLE
A) Their Request For The Word Of God
B) Their Reverence For The Word Of God
2. DESIRING OUR LEARNING OF THE BIBLE
A) They Were Taught The Meaning Of The Word Of God
B) They Were Thrilled By The Message Of The Word Of God
3. DIRECTING OUR LIFE BY THE BIBLE
A) Understanding Brings Revelation
B) Understanding Brings Responsibility
I recently came across a list of the Top Ten Best-selling Books of all time. According to the Internet Library they are:
10. In His Steps: "What Would Jesus Do?" by Charles Sheldon. Written in 1896, it is estimated that 28,500,000 have been sold.
9. The Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann. Published in 1966, it is the world's best-selling novel with more than 30,000,000 sold.
8. World Almanac: Having been published since 1868, this wide-ranging reference book has remained a constant best-seller.
7. The Common Sense Book of Baby and Child Care by Dr. Benjamin Spock. His 1946 manual became the bible of infant care for subsequent generations.
6. A Message to Garcia by Elbert Hubbard. His polemic on the subject of labor relations was published in 1899 and in a few years achieved phenomenal sales, largely because American employers purchased bulks supplies to distribute to their employers.
5. The McGuffey Readers by William Holmes McGuffey. Educational textbooks, published in numerous editions from 1853, some have estimated the total sales as 122,000,000.
4. The Guinness Book of Records: First published in 1955, the Guinness Book of Records stands out as the greatest contemporary publishing achievement.
3. American Spelling Book by Noah Webster. First published in 1783, the reference book remained a best-seller in the U.S. throughout the 19th century.
2. Quotations from Chairman Mao Tse-tung (Little Red Book): The foundation of today's Communist Society in China, between the years 1966 and 197 ...
There are 25976 characters in the full content. This excerpt only shows a 2000 character sample of the full content.